#1 Jeff Krebs

Jeff Krebs

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:04 AM

Fusion 6.32 is ready for download

Updated RED R3D support. It includes new “RED color 3″ and “RED gamma 3″.
Also fixed the track number control showing for single track/non-HDR clips

“Select All Previous” and “Select All Next” have been placed into a sub-menu, and are available even when the RMB click is not on a spline point.
It will affect one spline if one is RMB clicked on, or all editable splines otherwise Selecting all previous and next points can now also be done in the timeline.

Added Select All Previous/Next options to LUT spline editors..

Each group of path maps in preferences (fixed built-ins, default and user) are now sorted, which should make it a little easier to find the right one.

http://eyeonline.com...loadFusion.aspx

#2 SecondMan

SecondMan

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1769 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:18 AM

Awesome Jeff. Great to see so many updates lately!

#3 Pilalitos

Pilalitos

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:08 PM

Yoohoo! That made my day!

I can't believe we have RC3/RG3 support in Fusion already! Oh... how the things in Eyeon have changed lately!!! :D

PERFECT!

#4 vladi013

vladi013

Member Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:31 PM

Awesome!!!

What about S-Log support? :)

#5 SirEdric

SirEdric

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:54 AM

Well...S-Log is supported in fusion by the Cineon Log Tool.

The settings are.
Black Level 0 , white level is 662
Film stock gamma is 0.9

So the Log tool will do both to and from conversion.

{
Tools = ordered() {
CineonLog1 = CineonLog {
CtrlWZoom = false,
Inputs = {
RedBlackLevel = Input { Value = 0, },
RedWhiteLevel = Input { Value = 662, },
RedFilmStockGamma = Input { Value = 0.9, },
},
ViewInfo = OperatorInfo { Pos = { 398, -21, }, },
},
},
ActiveTool = "CineonLog1",
}

Cheers.

Eric.

#6 leif3d

leif3d

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:26 AM

I'll be working with alexa files next week.
Will this version read alexa (ARRIRAW) 12 bit files natively?
Is there a log to lin conversion natively for alexa?
Am I limited to 10 bit?

#7 Tilt

Tilt

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2113 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:53 PM

I've added some settings to vfxpedia for Alexa's color space. Another user has already added the macros that perform the log C to linear conversion using ARRI's version 3 formulas.

From what I've heard people are often converting Alexa's color gamut to rec709, I'm currently on a show where we stay in Alexa's wide gamut and just convert auxiliary footage that wasn't shot on Alexa.

Don't know about Arri's RAW files (how to read them, what color space they are in)... we've received dpx files.

#8 vladi013

vladi013

Member Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:30 AM

View PostSirEdric, on 12 April 2012 - 09:54 AM, said:

Well...S-Log is supported in fusion by the Cineon Log Tool.

The settings are.
Black Level 0 , white level is 662
Film stock gamma is 0.9

So the Log tool will do both to and from conversion.

{
Tools = ordered() {
CineonLog1 = CineonLog {
CtrlWZoom = false,
Inputs = {
RedBlackLevel = Input { Value = 0, },
RedWhiteLevel = Input { Value = 662, },
RedFilmStockGamma = Input { Value = 0.9, },
},
ViewInfo = OperatorInfo { Pos = { 398, -21, }, },
},
},
ActiveTool = "CineonLog1",
}

Cheers.

Eric.

That is awesome!!! Thank you!!
Man, Fusion really challenges my approach to find a solution for certain needs.

Funny thing is when it comes to complex grading I prefer Fusion to Resolve, I just feel that I have more control over the scene than in DaVinci.

#9 leif3d

leif3d

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:40 AM

View PostTilt, on 12 April 2012 - 03:53 PM, said:

I've added some settings to vfxpedia for Alexa's color space. Another user has already added the macros that perform the log C to linear conversion using ARRI's version 3 formulas.

From what I've heard people are often converting Alexa's color gamut to rec709, I'm currently on a show where we stay in Alexa's wide gamut and just convert auxiliary footage that wasn't shot on Alexa.

Don't know about Arri's RAW files (how to read them, what color space they are in)... we've received dpx files.

I asked for 444 log-c.
I'll look for that log-c to lin macro then. Thanks Tilt!

#10 John Paul Docherty

John Paul Docherty

Power Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:44 AM

We've been doing a lot of Alexa work, in particular the new Bond film which is all being shot on Alexa.

Quick summary - the Alexa itself can record 12 bit 444 quicktimes in ProresHD or AvidDNxHD but if the frame rate goes over a certain amount (I think it's 60 fps but I'm not sure) it produces 422 quicktimes. These are in LogC or rec709 (user selectable), most people are using LogC and the forumula for this colour space is on the arri web site. These go onto a card that is actually in the camera.

If you can afford it however you can add an external Codex recorder which captures the actual full sensor output, bayer pattern and all. These are called arriraw files. You can debayer them to other file formats using Arri's own converter software which is free but very buggy, particularly in the UI.

After they are debayered to dpx or tiff or whatever (at a resolution you select in the Arri converter - they call it downsizing, but it's not really, that's a whole separate discussion about bayer pattern resolution versus actual full colour file resolution and the wonders of marketing speak) they come out as LogC dpxs or tiffs or whatevers and can be read into fusion and converted to linear using the formulas Arri provide.

A warning - there are lots and lots of weird issues with gamma shifts between Macs and PCs and between various Mac os releases when Prores is used for the quicktime output, so we tend to use the Avid codec (which is also used by a lot of feature editorial depts).

As far as I know neither Fusion or Nuke can read (i.e. debayer) arriraw files yet, but given the amazing speed at which the Alexa is being adopted by the film industry I would have thought this would come soon. Nuke has a built in Alexa LogC Lut conversion for Alexa files that have already been de-bayered but it's pretty simple to implement in Fusion.

Arri converter - only for macs, there used to be a windows version but it seems to have vanished .
http://www.arri.de/c..._converter.html

#11 leif3d

leif3d

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:09 AM

Thanks for all the valuable info John, I'm currently working with 444 prores logC files and using the macro in vfxpedia which has the formula for conversion.
Everything seems to be great so far, keying is a breeze in that color space and everything has a beautiful dynamic range.
The only downside so far is that quicktime or fusion wont read the timecode metadata, so I can't interact with the Avid edl. No biggie though, it's only a dozen shots.
Best of luck on your work.

#12 ChadCapeland

ChadCapeland

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1965 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:43 AM

View PostJohn Paul Docherty, on 18 April 2012 - 08:44 AM, said:

As far as I know neither Fusion or Nuke can read (i.e. debayer) arriraw files yet, but given the amazing speed at which the Alexa is being adopted by the film industry I would have thought this would come soon. Nuke has a built in Alexa LogC Lut conversion for Alexa files that have already been de-bayered but it's pretty simple to implement in Fusion.

"Fusion 6.4 is hot on the heels of the recent Fusion release with a rapid stream of scientific advancement, continuing to integrate new features and workflow improvements, such as digital cinematography Raw camera formats are now natively supported, including ARRI®Raw format with all of the color science controls, Phantom® Cineraw format, and the latest RED® R3D formats with their most up-to-date color science."

Of course now I'm going to ask when Fusion is going to support the new BM camera raw. :)

#13 Tilt

Tilt

Flying Pig

• Adv Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2113 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:23 AM

cool news! where's that from?

#14 ChadCapeland

ChadCapeland

Flying Pig

• Adv Members